Each year, PowerUP is growing to meet the demands for new Workshops, Clinicians, and special events. Please review the frequently asked questions and list of positions below for more information. Then click the "Volunteers Needed" button to sign up today!
All volunteers are required to check in at the Registration Desk. Plan to arrive approximately 30 minutes prior to your actual volunteer time for updates. This also allows time for early arrival at your exact shift location.
- Arrive before the start of the conference to assist with set up
- Post Signage
- Arrange rooms for the workshop
- Check in on each room during the workshop to make sure assigned equipment is in that room
- Assist the conference committee member with any tasks that need to be done
The Workshop Volunteer duties are as follows:
- Arrive 30 minutes before the start of each session
- Check on each room during the time block assigned, at the beginning of the session and complete a short checklist.
- Check that the presenter is there and check-in with them to make sure they have all that they need.
- Introduce the presenter(s) and give any instructions needed.
- Hand out and collect evaluation sheets
- Make sure that the instructor stays to the time limit
- Direct conference attendees in and out of the workshops
- Provide traffic control at doors
- Direct attendees to the correct entrance doors
- Make sure everyone who enters is wearing a badge and registered for that session
- Assist late comers to available seats
- Assist in directing overflow traffic, if necessary